Jumat, 15 April 2016

When My Mom and Dad Re-Creating Their Wedding

  12 comments    
categories: 
Assalamu'alaikum.

April 21st is a special day in our family. It was the day my Mom and Dad got married, back in 1972. This year, it's their 44th anniversary. I don't know the whole story of their love journey, but like most parents do, they shared it sometimes with us, their five children.



From their story, I know how they met for the first time. How my Dad purposed my Mom, and how their marriage life before I was born (I'm the second child in the family). After I was born and grow up, I witnessed most of their important moments in life. My Dad was at least had two major heart attack and kidney problem. My Mom at least had been through three or four major surgeries.



I was 25 years old when I left home because I got married and live in different house. My twenty five years living with my parents, I never EVER see them fighting in front of me and my siblings. Yes, they arguing sometimes, which is normal. But never had I seen them fighting over each other, blaming one another, never. My Mom respects my Dad so much. And My Dad would give anything for my Mom, including his life. *I literally started teary right now*


Three years ago was an unforgettable moment for our family and the exact moment when I really realized how much they love each other. My Mom had an implant heart valve surgery. The surgery went very well. Her heart is fully recovered. But what we didn't expect was she got a post surgery traumatic syndrome. She had somekind of anxiety disorder. She started to melt down within days. I can't even remember how many time she got panic attack and screaming for taking her to the hospital. Days or night. It was a really gloomy days for our family. It was heart breaking seeing my Mom couldn't control herself like that.


Her condition like that went for like a year. During that time, once I caught My Dad cried so hard thinking about my Mom. It's another heart breaking moment for me. I would never know how he felt that time. It must be harder for him than it was for me. But never, not even once, I saw him giving up or being upset to my Mom. He's the most patient person I ever know my whole life. Sometimes I think, maybe my Dad is an angel. It was not easier for my Mom either. She knew that there was something wrong inside her, but she couldn't control it. And she knew that she made our family, especially my Dad, in deep stress. But, there was nothing she could do. This fact made her even more depressed. She needed help.


Thank God, we found help for her. We took her to a psychiatrist. Slowly she got better. But it was my Dad who is always beside her and my Mom's determination to get better. It was hard, for both of them. If they don't love each other, they won't be still together today. It was love that cured her.

This year, on 21st April, was their 44th anniversary. Five children, eight grand children and countless places they've been traveled to together. Last week they traveled to West Sumatera, their homeland. And just yesterday, they sent us pictures that immediately made me want to laugh and cry at the same time. They went to Istana Pagaruyuang (Pagaruyung Palace) and wore traditional bride and groom's costume, the similar one they wore when they got married 44 years ago. In fact, I and my husband also wore the same type of wedding costume too. They re-creating their wedding, after 44 years, after so many things they've been through together, after so many places they've been traveled together, after so many tears and laugh they've shared together.



All I can say in my heart is just, "Alhamdulillah." Thank you, Allah. You still give them a chance to live their life full of love until now. I wish them well and the best 'till the end. I wish I can have the same chance they get. I wish all of us can experience love like them. I should stop now, because now I'm crying. :')



12 komentar:

  1. merinding haru bacanya mak..salam takdzim untuk bapak dan ibu....

    BalasHapus
  2. Bacanya merinding, suka trenyuh kalo liat laki-laki yang biasanya kuat dan tegar tiba-tiba nangis. Pasti ada beban berat yang begitu dikhawatirkan. Semoga mama dan papanya selalu diberi kesehatan dan panjang umur ya, Mak.

    BalasHapus
  3. terharu banget bacanya mbak :)... semoga om dan tante selalu sehat dan ttp langgeng yaaa..

    BalasHapus
  4. wah hebat ya, semoga beliau sehat dan dalam lindunganNya

    BalasHapus
  5. Loveee. Like. Apa lagi yaa mba. Cerita ttg anniversary or apalah yg dilakukan oleh pasangan yg sudah makan asam garam RT bertahun-tahun sll menarik ceritanya...

    BalasHapus
  6. Happy anniversary Oom dan Tante. Semoga diberi kesehatan dan panjang umur aamiin :)

    BalasHapus
  7. Selamat ulangtahun pernikahan untuk orangtua ya, mba. Moga diberi kesehatan dan kesehatan. Senang sekali tetap langgeng dan bahagia hingga kini. Amiin

    BalasHapus
  8. Such an amazing love story. I don't know exactly what to say. The story warms my heart :'). It's just amazing how two people can develop very deep feelings and understandings to each other. Happy anniversary for your Mom and Dad.

    BalasHapus
  9. Amaziiing! semoga papa-mama diberi umur panjang dalam kebersamaan mereka, amin.

    BalasHapus
  10. terharuuu.. semoga saya dan suami juga bisa sehat dan langgeng seperti kedua orang tua Winda.. amiinnn

    BalasHapus
  11. Very lucky of you to have parents still around. Nikmat Allah yang tiada tara. Semoga kedua orang tua Mak Gaoel selalu diberkahi kesehatan dan kebahagiaan, aamiin.

    BalasHapus
  12. Mak ... bokap awet muda banget yaaaa #PeyukMamak

    BalasHapus